Hello classmates! I hope this finds you well.
I feel so excited to have reached out to you recently to announce the awesome news of the Class of ’98 Endowed Scholarship Fund, which will help ensure that every qualified student from every walk of life can experience a Smith education, especially now that Smith has eliminated student loans.
Our Class of ’98 Endowed Scholarship Fund became possible thanks to Meghan Gardner’s generous seed gift. As she explained, “My experience at Smith entirely changed my life. With this gift, I wanted to inspire those that have received the gift of the Smith College experience, to pay it forward.”
Your incredible Class of ’98 Cabinet has stepped up and matched her seed gift, so I also want to offer all those volunteers my gratitude for their generosity. You can read all about the opportunity you have to join us in donating to future Smithies here—or you can email me with your questions or pledges. Here’s to paying it forward!
In the meantime, we have a reunion to plan y’all!!! So please check out our 2023 Reunion Planning page and tell our inimitable co-chairs how you want to be involved—or just head over to see their fun photos and then sign up to make our 25th reunion fabulous! Reunion registration will open up in February 2023 – stay tuned!
We can’t wait to mark this moment with you. Until then, take care, sibs.
xo, Kate Bussard
- Fundraising update — including information about how you can help us get a $150,000 bonus added to our newly-established Class of 1998 Endowed Scholarship!
- 2023 Reunion Planning info — including our call for volunteers in several areas.
- Stay in Touch — Does Smith have your correct contact info? Plus, find us on social media.
- Planned Giving — Update from our Planned Giving Chair, Judy Sewards
- Class Officers
- Class Spotlight — Don’t miss Class President Kate Bussard’s exhibition at MFABoston if you’re in the area!
- 2023 Reunion Schedule — Stay tuned for a dedicated schedule page to roll out as we get closer to the event!